Virtual Reality Lab
The VR Lab at the Armory serves as a research and testing grounds for faculty and students interested in exploring the educational potential of existing VR experiences, or in developing and assessing their own interactive VR content.
Currently the lab provides access to the following technology:
- Wireless HTC Vive Pro
- Oculus Rift and Rift S tethered headsets
- Oculus GO and Quest stand-alone headsets
- Lenovo Daydream
- various 360º cameras
CITL’s Innovation Studio is a high-tech ideation and visualization classroom available for courses with a maximum enrollment of 25. With generous support from Technology Services, the Innovation Studio added fourteen VR workstations each with an Oculus Rift S headset attached. This space is available for course tours and individual course sessions by reservation.
CITL’s TechHub, located in Armory Building room 151A, is a hands-on emerging technology showcase with walk-in hours for students, faculty and the community to try out a variety of technologies including the HTC Vive, Magic Leap, and Oculus Quest headsets.
Technology on Display
- 360° Camera with GoPro Fusion
- 3D Scanning with Structure
- 3D Printing with Ultimaker 2+ (4)
- Digital Assistants with Google Home Mini
- Digital Inking with Wacom Cintiq 22HD and Microsoft Surface Pro 4
- Drones with DJI Mavic Air (and others)
- Laser Cutting with Glowforge
- Mixed | Augmented Reality with Magic Leap One and HP Reveal
- Virtual Reality with HTC Vive, Oculus Quest, and Oculus Go